The National Aging and Disability Transportation Center (NADTC) has created a free 9 module curriculum that includes videos, downloadable templates and tools. According to their website, "The goal of the curriculum is to provide educators, transit professionals, families and others with strategies for integrating transportation content, including travel instruction, into the educational experience for students, including students with disabilities." This is a cross-grade level curriculum to enhance knowledge, access and choice to public transportation for students with disabilities.
- Module 1: What is transportation education and why is it important?
- Module 2: Transportation Education in a School System
- Module 3: Engaging students, families, transportation and key stakeholders in transportation education
- Module 4: Travel instruction - familiarization, orientation and travel training
- Module 5: Alignment to common core state standards and instructional activities - a continuum of transportation Content across grades
For details and to access the free curriculum, go to the NADTC website.