iOS 10 enables users to select and remove built-in Apple apps. Note that all the built-in apps combined use less than 150MB, so removing a built-in iOS app does not free up storage on your device. Of all the native iPhone pps, only 11 apps cannot be removed:
- Find my iPhone
- App Store
The same is gennerally true for the iPad, plus the stand-alone Contacts app and the Photo Booth app.
To remove a built-in app:
- Touch and hold the app lightly until it jiggles. (Do not press too hard.)
- Tap the "x" on the app, then tap Remove.
- Press the Home button to finish.
To add a previously removed built-in app:
- Search for the app in the App Store. Tap the Download image (cloud with the down arrow).
- After the app is restored, open the app from your Home screen.
To learn more about the built-in apaps that can be removed and about the impact removing specific apps will have, go to the Apple Support page.
Read the Verge's iOS 10 will let you uninstall the Apple apps you never use article.