Project INSPIRE is a 5 year training grant to support braille literacy for professionals and students to build their skills and knowledge in the braille codes for STEM courses. Project INSPIRE courses are free.
Spring 2021 Courses
Nemeth Code Symbols for Fractions and Spatial Problems, Instructional Tools, Materials and Technology (Repeat from Fall 2020)
- Course includes lessons about using an abacus, other instructional tools and materials, technology skills that support digital math concepts, fractions, mixed numbers, long division, and a variety of spatial problems.
Geometry and Tactile Graphics for Students in Grades 3 - 8
- Course includes lessons about transcribing geometry materials into Nemeth Code within UEB Contexts, how to create tactile graphics for your students, how to teach your student to create their graphics, and how to teach accurately locate and interpret information on tactile graphics.
- Dates: February 15, 2021 to March 29, 2021
- Delivery Model: All materials will be online. There will be optional assignments with answer keys provided.
- Time Commitment: 12 - 15 hours
- Happy Hours: There will be four optional happy hours scheduled weekly on course-related topics.
Registration: Registration form
- After registration, you will receive additional information the morning of Feb. 15th.