ChromeVox is the native screen reader for Chromebooks. The recent Chrome OS update has revamped ChromeVox to incorporate significant changes for Chromebook users who rely on a screenreader. According to the developers, the older version of ChromeVox is now called ChromeVox Classic (or simply "Classic") and is still available, but the Classic will have a limited shelf-life. After updating to the new Chrome OS, you can switch between ChromeVox Classic and the new ChromeVox.
Switch between Classic and the new ChromeVox
- Start by pressing Ctrol+Alt+Z
- To switch to ChromeVox Classic, press Search+Q
- To switch to the new ChromeVoxm press SHift+Search+Q, then Q again
Learn more about the new ChromeVox here.
Send ChromeVox Feedback
- To send feedback within ChromeVox, press Search+A then I
- Send an email to ChromeVox here