Facebook is a popular, free social networking website that allows registered users to create profiles, upload photos and videos, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues. Following professional groups, your favorite blind organization, or even a group about a specific device or software on Facebook are all ways to keep up-to-date for both professionals in the field and for students.
Navigating Facebook can be challenging when using a screen reader. The navigation assistant is a tool for people who use a screen reader or keyboard shortcuts.
- Alt + / opens the navigation assistant
When in Navigation Assistant:
- Tab moves the focus from your browser toolbar to the webpage
- Left or right arrow keys moves between the navigation assistant's three menus: Sections of this page, other pages on Facebook and Accessibility Help
- Up or down arrow keys navigates within a menu
- Letter keys jumps to the next menu item that starts with that letter
For more information about navigation assistant and it's menus, go to Facebook's website.