JAWS 2019 has many enhanced features that students may find beneficial. Note: there are many additional JAWS enhancements than what is listed below. Let us know what you think of these improvements!
Separation of Office Scripts
- If you are running build 10400 or higher, JAWS support for Word, Outlook and Excel has separated into different script sets, improving the issue of breaking JAWS.
Improved Performance in Office 365 Applications
- Navigating large Word documents that contain a lot of markup such as footnotes, comments, tables, etc.
- Editing data and formulas in Excel
- Navigating large message folders in Outlook
- braille display improvements
- Notification of Spelling Errors in Word 365
- New support for Grade 1 Braille Input
- Support MathType Content when Reading in Office 365 Word Documents
Read the full details about JAWS 2019 improvements here.