Freedom Scientific shares exciting new JAWS updates. Here is a quick list of new features:
- JAWS Version Number Change - JAWS versions will now be labeled by the year in which they are released, as will future version of ZoomText and Fusion
- Microsoft Edge Support
- Convenient OCR Adds Support for Freedom Scientific Cameras and Flatbed Scanners
- All New Installer
- New Verbosity Options for the Virtual Cursor
- Support for Microsoft Mobile Voices in Windows 10
- Updated Liblouis Braille Translator
- Option for Moving to Any Link Added to Navigation quick Key Manager
- "Document and Web Pages Automatically Read when Loaded" Option Added to Settings Center
- New Keystroke for Locating Spelling Errors in Google Docs
- Acronym Expansion Including When Spelling a Word
- Read Dialog Boxes in Modern Apps
- Improvements to JAWS Language Switching
Students - be sure to check out the new Spelling features!
There are a number of enhancements too.
For details about these new features and enhancements, go to Freedom Scientific's website, What's New in JAWS 2018 Screen Reading Software.