You have heard the buzz about iOS 11 with the "new dock", "new Control Center", "multitasking", and "split View", but what are these things? Below is a quick video that explains these new features.
For step-by-step instructions complete with annotated images, go to iGeeksblog post, Multitasking in iOS 11 on iPad: Use Drag & Drop, Dock, App Switcher and Split View. This post includes the following instructions:
- How to Use Split View and Slide Over in iOS 11 on the iPad
- How to Swap Apps in Split View
- How to Remove Slide Over Panel
- How to Remove Slide Over App
- Multitasking Using Gesture in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Customize Dock in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Use App Switcher in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Force Quit Apps in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Use Drag and Drop in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Drag and Drop Multiple Files in iOS 11 on iPad
- How to Use Drag and Drop in iOS 11 on iPhone 7/7 Plus
- How to Turn off Multitasking Features in iOS 11 on iPad
Hint: Be sure to use the Reader Feature on websites that have embedded ads - the Reader will eliminate ads.
The first version of the soon-to-be-released iOS 11 has a bug with VoiceOver announcing the status of the Drag and Drop. iAccessibility shares a way around this multitasking bug.
Teachers: The split screen has a lot of potential for students! Imagine interacting with a split screen to take notes while reading a book or while researching on the Internet!