Please help us validate O&M standards for children with visual impairments.
We are offering CEUs for ACVREP COMS and NBPCB O&M Professionals who complete the survey.
We are seeking O&M specialists who have:
- 5+ years of O&M teaching experience, in a school setting within the previous 10 years, and have current certification as an O&M instructor (either COMS or NOMC),
- self-reported knowledge of common core standards used in education systems
- one other area of current teacher certification
- the willingness to read the O&M Career, College and Community Readiness Standards (O&M CCCRS) document and share your informed opinion on the validity of these domains and standards for children with VI.
We are asking you to participate in survey research to measure the validity and applicability of whether:
- The O&M CCCRS skills (organized into 5 standards) are representative of the complete O&M curriculum and reflect the skills for safe, efficient, independent travel by persons with VI at age 18 or high school graduation.
- The age/grade level performance indicators (reported at 24 months, 4 years, end of grade 3, end of grade 7 and end of grade 12) accurately reflect a sequential progression of skills leading to the attainment of the standards.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in participating in this survey click on this https://portlandstate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ahpfoStLFXxyVaR
If you would like to learn more this project, or have questions about CEUs please contact us.
Vision Education Research
University of Kentucky
Stephen F Austin State University