Google has introduced a way for select users to edit documents using their voice. If you use the Chrome web browser with Google Docs, you can speak formatting commands such as "Select all" or "Go to the end of the line" to format and edit documents without using the keyboard. With screen reader support enabled, additional commands such as "Speak from cursor location" and "Speak table column header" are also available.
Start voice typing
- Check that your microphone works.
- Open a document in Google docs with a Chrome browser.
- Click Tools > Voice typing. A microphone box appears.
- When you're ready to speak, click the microphone.
- Speak clearly, at a normal volume and pace (see below for more information on using punctuation).
- When you're done, click the microphone again.
Google support has a long list of Voice Commands.