Dear Teachers of Students with Visual Impairments:
APH is seeking field evaluators for Practice2Master Fractions, an iOS app designed to help students practice fraction calculations. Among its many features, this app allows students to do the following:
- Perform free practice in fraction addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and get assistance from the app when needed.
- Take drills on fraction calculations and save drill reports for future reference.
- Use randomly generated problems, preloaded problems, and user-created problems for practice and drills.
- Change settings to make randomly generated problems suitable for students' level of study.
This app supports iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch running iOS 8.0 and above. The field test is expected to take place from September to November 2017. Teachers working with elementary or middle school students who are currently studying fraction calculations are encouraged to participate. Participating teachers are expected to text this app with their students and then fill out an evaluation form.
If you are interested in testing this app, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information below:
- Your name and title (E.g., TVI, O&M, Math Teacher, etc.)
- Name and mailing address of your school/agency
- Number of available students with ages, grade levels, and primary reading media indicated
- Type of iOS device that you plan to use in this field test (iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch) Please note that this app only support iOS 8.0 and above.
- Your complete contact information (phone number, mailing address, and e-mail address)
Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Thank you for your support!
Li Zhou, Ed.D.
Core-Curriculum Project Leader II
American Printing House for the Blind
P.O. Box 6085
Louisville, Kentucky 40206
Phone: 800-223-1839, ext. 424