iPadOS and iOS 13 have added these helpful editing gestures - perfect for students with low vision. Note: These gestures are mainstream gestures, not VoiceOver gestures!
- Select Text: One finger hold (until the word highlights) and drag to capture desired text
- Copy: Three-finger pinch (as if you were picking the words off the screen!)
- Cut: Three-finger pinch two times
- Paste: Tap desired location then three-finger pinch out (as if you were dropping text on the screen)
- Undo: Three-finger swipe left
- Redo: After Undo, Three-finger swipe right
Apple's video below demonstrates these new gestures.