BLIND Inc. (Blindness: Learning in New Dimensions) is a nationally-renowned training center for blind individuals of all ages. Founded in 1986 by the National Federation for the Blind of Minnesota, this agency offers several youth programs. Programs are held in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- The PREP (Post-secondary Readiness and Empowerment Program) is a summer program that allows teenagers to learn the skills they need to keep up with their peers and prepares them to attend college or join the workforce. This program includes a 3-week paid internship. The program is June 8 to Aug. 3, 2019.
- The Buddy Program teaches children ages 9 - 13 that being blind is OK and they can have as much fun as anybody else. The program is June 9 - June 29, 2019.
- The STYLE (Summer Transition Youth Learning Experience) Program is for students who cannot participate in our school year programs and who wish to continue developing skills over the summer.The program is for high school students (ages 14 - 21). This program offers three separate, five-day, theme-based educational/recreational programs. Sessions run five days starting July 15 and ending on August 2nd.
- The TEAMS (Transition: Employment, Advocacy, Mentoring and Skills) Program is designed to provide individualized instruction to students in the skills needed to determine and achieve their personal, scholastic and vocational goals. This program is offered on the first and third Saturday of each month from October - May.
- The Transition Trail Outreach Program is designed to reach students and families who reside outside the metro area by bringing transition themed programming to different areas in the state of Minnesota.
In addition, BLIND Inc. offers these college programs:
- Summer Comprehensive Training Program for Students
- College Experience Program
- Best of Both Worlds (combination of the two)