The Science and Engineering Division of the National Federation of the Blind and the National Association of Blind Students present a joint phone conference on how blind professionals, and blind college and graduate students are succeeding in courses to do with science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. The call-in number is the NABS conference line 712-770-5197, Participant Access Code: 265669. The call will occur at 8 PM EST through 9 PM EST on Sunday, February 23, 2020.
Topics will be of interest for blind students in middle school, high school, college and graduate school and professionals. Parents of blind school-aged children and educators are also welcome.
Currently, the scheduled speakers and topics are:
- Cristian Bernareggi - Creating accessible PDF from LaTeX,
- Alfred D'Agostino - Independence and Least Restrictive Learning Environment in the Undergraduate Science Course,
- William Freeman - Math in BrailleBlaster,
- Doug Lee - Solving tech problems in unique ways, and
- Ed Summers -Non-visual access to quantitative analysis, statistics and data visualization.