In December, Apple released iOS 11.2; this release includes a number of accessibility fixes. Included in AppleVis' list of fixes are several important braille display resolutions that are important for students who use refreshable braille displays.
Braille Display Fixes
- When inputting text, the translator now recognizes all characters if you type quickly.
- Braille focus and jumping issues appear to be resolved.
- The Braille Screen Input cursor is now placed in the correct location in text views.
- Braille focus will now follow finger when touching in iBooks.
Fixes Beneficial for Students
- Smart Invert now works in the Control Center.
- iOS Items Chooser appears to be working correctly.
- Improvements with how VoiceOver handles math formulas on web pages.
- Completeness of VoiceOver recognition of text in images appears to be have been improved.
- Text recognition in images now works regardless of Screen Curtain or brightness settings.
- VoiceOver now attempts to recognize the text of unlabeled buttons in apps - announcing as "possible text".
To view the complete list, go to Apple Releases iOS 11.2; Bringing Many Fixes for Braille and VoiceOver Users.