Candy, cards and laughter go hand-in-hand on Valentine's Day! The Valentine's Day Puns book is an accessible digital book full of candy related puns! This book is fun for all ages and fully accessible with VoiceOver and a braille display. Valentine's Day Puns is intended to be opened as an iBook; however, readers can choose to open it as a PDF on any device.
What tech skills can be taught with an iBook or PDF?
- Reading (Print or Braille): For braille readers, pair with a braille display and mute VoiceOver/screen reader
Gestures/Commands: Practice VoiceOver gestures, braille display commands and Bluetooth keyboard commands
- Read the type of candy and pause: can you think of a good pun for this candy? Then read the associated pun.
- Navigate to and open Valentine's Day Puns, read, turn pages, use the rotor, etc.
- Use the rotor or Bluetooth keyboard commands to navigate by character (how do you spell a specific word?), words or lines
- Create a sticky note and add your own pun for a candy
- VoiceOver speed: Using fun content, increase VoiceOver speaking rate. How fast can you go? (Learn more about 'how to teach your students to read at 600 words per minute' here)
To open the Valentine's Day Puns in iBooks/Apple Books, click on the link below and then open in iBooks/Apple Books. (You must have the free iBooks - now called Apple Books - installed on your device.)
Download the Valentine's Day Puns iBook here.
Download the Valentine's Day Puns PDF here.
More information about Valentine's Day Tech Activities here.