Perkins is excited to announce Perkins eLearning to Go, a podcast program designed to help educate about students with a vision loss. You can expect recordings from past Perkins eLearning events, interviews with leaders in the field of vision and everything Perkins eLearning is known for - just in a 'to-go' format.
First Perkins Podcast
CVI Experts: Dr. Sarah Blackstone and Dr. Christine roman-Lantzy
For more information about and to subscribe, go to Perkins eLearning to Go.
Podcasts are a popular relatively new format for learning. Listeners can listen in any place and any time - while relaxing on the back porch, cooking supper or while traveling. Podcasts are typically small chunks of easily digested information. Podcasts are also fully accessible!
Read about additional vision-related podcasts
According to Edison Research infinite Dial 2019 (updated April 2019):
- 51% of US population has listened to a podcast (144 million people)
- 50% of all homes are podcast fans
- Podcast listeners listen to an average of 7 different shows per week
- Podcast listeners subscribe to an average of 6 shows
- Comedy is the most popular podcasting genre, followed by education and news