I have recently been exploring the Cough Drop AAC app, available on Android and iOS, for several of my students who are both verbal with limited language vocabulary and those that need help making choices or finding their words.
Here are the top 4 features of this app I appreciate:
1. Cough Drop AAC has a built-in Speak Mode that offers students with visual impairments with a limited vocabulary to hear the words they are choosing.
2. It offers a choice board with larger squares and simple pictures that my students with low vision can easily see AND process the images with auditory feedback from Speech Mode.
3. The app offers a FREE two month trial so a new consumer or professional can easily learn its basic features before committing financially.
4. It offers several customizing features so I can create icons that meet the visual needs of my students
5. It offers my students an onscreen picture and word approximation keyboard that can be used with or without SpeakMode:
You can view or listen to a demo of this app in the video below: