BlindSquare is a popular navigation app for travelers who are visually impaired. During this unprecendented time of school closures and social distancing, BlindSquare is partnering with NaviLens to offer the BlindSquare EVENT app. This is a full version of the BlindSquare app available at no cost from now until mid November for travelers in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Greenland and Mexico. NaviLens is a system of artificial markers (similar to QR codes) that can be read from a long range as the user travels.
The FREE BlindSquare EVENT app is now available in the App Store internationally.
To Learn more about this opportunity, read BlindSquare's blog post, COVID-19 Keeping us indoors, with unique opportunities supported by BlindSquare and NaviLens.
Resources: BlindSquare Activities
- Using BlindSquare Simulation Mode to Create Tactile/Visual Maps post
- Sharing Secret Locations Lesson: BlindSquare Lesson Plan post (includes information about settings as well as a fun activity)
- Creating and Using a Point of Interest on a Greenway or College Campus using BlindSquare post
- Using BlindSquqre to Create a Resource for Beginning College Students (Creating and sharing POIs on a college campus)
- There are numerous BlindSquare related posts on Paths to Technlogy on the O&M page. Check out this list of BlindSquare-related posts!