In response to the current global situation, Sonokids has decided to offer all Ballyland game apps for iPad for free from 1 April 2020.
Learn VoiceOver with well-known Ballyland Magic. Or teach yourself to code, with the three Ballyland Code apps! Play Ballyland Sound Memory with the whole family. The hugely popular Ballyland CosmoBally in Space was of course already a free app, and this app can be tied in with fun space related activities at home.
We hope that many blind or visually impaired children from around the world, their parents and teachers, will benefit from this special, temporary offer. Don’t miss out and download the apps now!
More information about the Ballyland apps, as well as helpful tips and instructions for teaching with the apps, can be found on the Sonokids website, at www.sonokids.org.
Please contact us with any questions you may have, at email@example.com.
Editor's Note: Students love learning to use VoiceOver gestures, general tech skills, and basic coding through these fun games. Teachers also use the Ballyland games as tools to teach additional skills. The links under the Resources section below provide details about the apps (many posts include a video of the app) while the Resources: Using Ballyland apps to teach educational skills section includes information about teachers can use these apps as tools to teach additional educational skills. Several of these posts include a series of progressive activities - where the Ballyland apps is one of many activities in the 'mini-curriculum'.
- Ballyland Magic App: Learn VoiceOver Gestures and iPad Accessibility post
- Ballyland App for the iPad: Teaching Finger Gestures for VoiceOver post
- Ballyland Code 1: Say Hello post
- Ballyland Magico post (Ballyland Magic, spanish version)
- VO Lab App: Learning VO Gestures post
- Ballyland Rotor App Review post
- Ballyland Rotor: Learn the VoiceOver Rotor Command post
- Ballyland Sound Memory Game: Matching and Math Grids post
- Ballyland Code 2: Give Rotor post
- Ballyland Code 3: Pick Up post
- Ballyland CosmoBally App post
Resources: Using Ballyland apps to teach educational skills
- Moving Forward with Accessible Digital Math: Part 1 post
- Moving Forward with Accessible Digital Math: Part 2 post
- Sequencing Coding Concept Activities post
- Building Mental Maps: Preschool to College post
- Digital Transitions #1: What You Need to Know and How You Can Help! post
- Digital Transitions #2: Math Grid Activities post