Megan Connaughton and Marguerite Tibaudo will explore teaching literacy to children who are deafblind. Techniques used within classrooms and outside of classrooms as well as the impact of deafblindness on a child will also be discussed.
Did you know:
- As much as 90% of early learning is visual.
- Hearing impacts our ability to communicate, connect with others, and respond to environmental cues.
- The combination of vision and hearing loss greatly reduces access to learning and communication.
- 90% of children who are identified as deafblind have additional physical, medical and/or cognitive disabilities (NationalDB, 2018)
- Most individuals who are deafblind have residual use of vision and/or hearing.
If you are interested in earning Professional Development Points, ACVREP, CTLE, or Continuing Education credits, please register for the tutorial.