- Teamwork / collaboration
- IEP Development
This workshop is available in an audit version (no credits awarded) for no charge, to help families and education teams organize their goals.
To earn 35 Professional Development, Continuing Education, ACVREP, or CTLE credits, choose the credit version for $275.00 . You will view interviews with parents and submit assignments to complete the tutorial requirements. There is no time limit to completing a Perkins Self-paced Tutorial.
Learning Objectives: As a result of the learning experiences in the course, participants will learn:
- The characteristic behaviors of CVI
- The importance of early diagnosis and intervention
- Some of the causes of CVI
- Interventions to support each student’s individual needs
- Educational assessment tools which can be used with students with CVI
- How to advocate for a student’s needs, at all levels of policy
- How to respect and acknowledge the unique experience of each child and family living with CVI
- The qualifications a professional must have to provide appropriate services to a child with CVI