Scoring The CVI Range correctly provides the foundation for service to students with CVI. The CVI Range is the functional vision assessment for students with brain based visual impairment. It identifies the visual characteristics that are impacting visual access to learning. It provides targeted areas to provide instruction, environmental supports, learning strategies, across the day program planning and accommodations and methodologies for the student with CVI. Only with the correct score on the CVI Range can scaffolded learning be planned effectively.
PDPs, ACVREPs, Continuing Ed. Hours, ASHA, AOTA CEUs
- Name the 10 CVI Characteristics and 3 Phases of CVI (Roman-Lantzy).
- Describe the visual learning goal for each Phase of CVI.
- Identify two building skills within two characteristics as students move within the Across Characteristic section in Rating 1 of The CVI Range.
- Define of the Rating 1 scores: R, +, +/-, and –
- Define of the Rating 2 scores of 0, .25, .5, .75 and 1
- Listen to parent interviews and place the answers within the 10 characteristics and record correctly on The CVI Range.
Other Payment Option
To pay by Purchase Order, choose the Purchase Order option during checkout.
Contact PerkinsTrainingCenter@perkins.org or call 617.972.7712 for more information.
Payment must be received and confirmed in order to secure your participation.
Cancellations within 2 weeks of workshop will receive 50% fee refund.
Cancellations within 48 hours of workshop will not be given a refund.
Ellen Mazel has been paid by Perkins to develop this course and is also paid to be the instructor.
She has no nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
This workshop is offered for 1.1 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Related area).
|Perkins School for the Blind is approved by the Continuing Education board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology and audiology. See the course information for number of ASHA CEUs, instructional level, and content area. ASHA CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.|
This workshop is offered for 1.0 AOTA CEUs.
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.