This course will provide an overview of the principles and practices of working with students who have cortical visual impairment (CVI). The course is based on the use of The CVI Range, a functional vision assessment used to determine the degree of affect of the visual and behavioral characteristics associated with CVI.
Course participants will be provided information on the use of The CVI Range and will have the opportunity to score a video based CVI Range assessment. The course will also include information pertaining to the causes of CVI and program planning/interventions for individuals with CVI.
Roman Lantzy, C. A. (2018) Cortical Visual Impairment: An Approach to Assessment and Intervention. New York: American Foundation for the Blind.
To order this book, please contact APH Customer Service at email@example.com or call 1.800.223.1839
PDPs, CEs, ACVREP, CTLEs, OSPIs, ASHA, AOTA
Withdraw without Refund
Due to the high demand for this course, we are unable to refund fees to participants who withdraw after the course start date. Please review the schedule and syllabus for this course to be sure that you will be able to participate fully.
As a result of the learning experiences in the course:
You will become more cognizant of:
- CVI and literacy.
- The medical causes of CVI.
- The principles of The CVI Range.
- Phase I, Phase II and Phase III CVI.
- The diagnostic criteria associated with CVI.
- The visual and behavioral characteristics associated with CVI.
- The implications of the results of The CVI Range in relation to program planning, environmental adaptations, and IEP goals and objectives.
You will become better able to:
- Conduct and score The CVI Range.
- The ability to interpret the results of The CVI Range.
- Design adaptations and supports based on The CVI Range score.
- Describe the medical conditions associated with CVI.
- Describe the 10 visual and behavioral characteristics associated with CVI.
- Provide instruction and/or consultation in literacy for students with CVI.
You will become more competent in your ability to:
- Identify individuals who demonstrate the characteristics associated with CVI.
- Provide functional vision assessment by conducting The CVI Range.
- Provide appropriate program planning, direct instruction, and consultation to students with CVI.
- Provide information about the educational implications of CVI to parents and providers.
- Provide targeted environmental adaptations, consultation, and instruction based on the score derived from The CVI Range.
Other Payment Option
To pay by Purchase Order, choose the Purchase Order option during checkout.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.