This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed the Teaching Independent Living Skills to Students with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities self-paced tutorial.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will:
- Identify the basic categories of independent living skills.
- List the basic instructional strategies the teacher of students with visual impairments can highlight during collaboration with various educational team members.
- Identify the common and foundational components for independent daily living skills lessons.
- Identify the areas of self-care evaluation.
- Identify how various team members can collaborate with the teacher of students with visual impairments to maximize independent living skills development.
- Identify teaching strategies that are helpful in teaching independent living skills to students with visual and multiple disabilities.
- Identify each area of independent living skills.
- Describe for strategies for teaching independent living skills to students with visual and multiple disabilities.