This badge is awarded to individuals who have completed the National Agenda for the Education of Children with Visual Impairments Self-Paced Tutorial. This tutorial educates participants on the significance of the National Agenda related to the education of children with visual impairments.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will need to demonstrate the ability to demonstrate achievement of the following learning objectives:
- Describe how one of the goals of the National Agenda impacts the educational development of a student with visual impairment.
- Describe the impact of a change in the education of students with visual impairments, brought about by the National Agenda.
- Identify National Co-Chairs and Goal Leaders and relate their experience to the goal they lead.
- Describe educational partnership interactions between parents and teachers in educational planning.
- Summarize your local vision screening plan.
- Analyze the typical qualifications of a Teacher of the Visually Impaired or Orientation & Mobility Instructor.
- State the impact of student caseload on professional practice.
- Describe differences between a clinical (or acuity) assessment and a functional vision assessment.
- Identify a range of inclusive settings, from most to least inclusive.
- Identify local service providers for alternative educational formats.
- Describe solutions to challenges presented when designing literacy activities to engage a child with MDVI.
- Name local transition planning resources and contact.
- Set specific measurable goals for serving the National Agenda through your role in the education of students with visual impairments.