This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the Educating Students with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities – An Overview self-paced tutorial. This self-paced tutorial provides participants with the opportunity obtain an overview of the educational needs of students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will demonstrate achievement of the learning outcomes outline below.
Participants will demonstrate the ability to:
- Describe the National Agenda for Students with Visual Impairments Including Those with Additional Disabilities.
- Identify the nine areas of the Expanded Core Curriculum.
- Identify landmark legislation that has shaped the development of education programs for students with disabilities.
- Identify the elements incorporated in the Individuals with Disability Education Act (IDEA).
- Identify the leading cause of visual impairment among students with visual impairments & multiple disabilities.
- Identify concomitant disabilities that impact learning for students with visual impairments & multiple disabilities.
- Identify precautions to be taken when a student has a seizure.
- Identify effective strategies for working with students who have visual impairments & traumatic brain injury.
- Identify characteristics often displayed by students with visual impairments and autism spectrum disorder.
- Identify specific learning preferences related to accessing information.
- Identify specific learner characteristics that influences the acquisition of skills.
- Identify strategies for promoting positive team collaboration.