This badge is awarded to individuals who have completed the Functional Vision Assessment Self-Paced Tutorial. In this tutorial participants will learn about the purpose of a Functional Vision Assessment and how to develop and use a Functional Vision Assessment Kit.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will need to demonstrate the ability to demonstrate achievement of the following learning objectives:
- Describe the nature and purpose of a Functional Vision Assessment
- Explain the typical components of a Functional Vision Assessment
- Identify qualified professionals within your local region or district
- Define the value and application of Functional Vision Assessment for members of a student’s educational team.
- Relate a typical vision report to educational impacts
- Explain the Functional Vision Assessment in language that parents and families of children with special needs will understand
- Compare the contents and purpose of an FVA kits
- Build a kit with purpose and portability in mind