This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the Essential Assessments online class. This online class provides assessment knowledge and skills that teachers of students with visual impairments must have to meet the heterogeneous needs of children and adolescents with visual impairment/blindness across the age span of birth to 22 years.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will need to demonstrate a basic ability to administer the LMA, FVA, and ECC assessments.
- Describe an effective instructional continuum for students with VI.
- Describe the underpinnings of the law as it relates to the instruction for students with VI.
- Describe RTI/rti processes and rubrics for improving practice.
- Conduct a rudimentary application of the key concepts of the EA (FVA).
- Conduct a rudimentary application of the key concepts of the EA (LMA)
- Conduct a rudimentary application of the key concepts of the EA (ECC).
- Demonstrate a rudimentary application of report writing.
- Create measurable goals.
- Create and evaluate a quality EA.