This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed the CVI Phase III online class.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will:
- describe the factors associated with The CVI Range in Phase III CVI
- utilize The Phase III Extension Chart
- describe the major elements of instruction associated with Phase III CVI
- describe the visual and behavioral characteristics associated with Phase III CVI.
- correlate functional typical and atypical behaviors with specific characteristics present in Phase III CVI.
- interpret CVI Range scores in Phase III.
- Identify the purpose of salient visual features
- identify and properly highlight and select appropriate methods in teaching salient features
- Identify and teach concepts of comparative thought
- properly integrate the concepts of comparative thought across learning environments.
- describe uses for word learning including students with complex needs
- demonstrate the specialized techniques used to highlight words
- describe the specialized methodology used to teach use of words in various learning contexts
- describe methods for integrating communication methods for students with CCN and CVI.
- describe adaptations for communication materials and methods for students with CCN and CVI in Phase I, II, and III.
- provide rationale for use of no tech, low tech & high tech augmentative alternative communication (AAC) materials or equipment for students with CVI
- describe how CVI poses risks to social skill acquisition and inclusion
- identify and describe how the CVI characteristics impact social learning
- describe methods to improve and support the social development of students with CVI.
- describe the impact of the CVI characteristics on orientation in space and safe movement in familiar and unfamiliar environments.
- create adaptations to environments and use CVI designed maps based on the student’s CVI Range score.
- describe the use of mobility devices for students with CVI