This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed the Curriculum for Students with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities self-paced tutorial.
Upon completion of this session, students will:
- Define Curriculum.
- Describe Quality of Life and how it relates to Curriculum.
- Define Common Core State Standards.
- List typical accommodations for students with visual impairments that enable access to curriculum.
- Explain access skills for students with severe and profound impairments.
- List and explain the components of the Expanded Common Core for students with visual impairments.
- Identify guidelines for a functional curriculum.
- Cite examples of a communication rich environment.
- Cite examples of partial participation.
- Create a theme-based unit plan that incorporates activities reflective of a functional curriculum.