This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the Applied Behavioral Analysis for Students with Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities online class. This online class provides participants with the opportunity to apply the concepts and methodologies of Applied Behavior Analysis.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will need to demonstrate the ability to identify ABA theory into practice by applying the concepts of ABA to your student population.
- Describe how a Behavior Analytic approach is different from a developmental model.
- Operationally describe target behaviors.
- Collect and utilize behavioral data.
- Practice using different data collection procedures (e.g., momentary time sampling).
- Name the four functions of behavior.
- Describe how one would determine the function(s) of a behavior.
- Write a functional assessment summary statement (i.e., hypothesis statement).
- Identify at least two ways consequences can be arranged to increase behaviors and how that relates to the final assignment.
- Identify at least two ways consequences can be arranged to decrease behaviors and how that relates to the final assignment.
- Identify at least two replacement behaviors for the target (interfering) behavior identified for the final assignment.
- Provide an example of differential reinforcement and identify how it could be utilized in their work.
- Provide and example of a shaping procedure and/or task analysis and identify how it could be utilized in your work.
- Describe and implement generalization strategies.
- Identify the core components of the behavior support plan that is being developed.