Produced by a collaboration between the Space Telescope Science Institute and SAS, Reach for the Stars is a free iBook available for download to use on an iPad. It presents students in grades 4-8 with a new approach to astronomy, using interactive interviews, graphs, interactive questions, and a glossary. Reach for the Stars is fully accessible to students with visual impairments and is an exciting new resource to expose all students to critical STEM content.
- Voice-over screen reader on iPad compatibility
- Refreshable Braille display compatibility
- Sonification of data visualizations
- Read-aloud functionality
- Tactile overlays for interactive images available from National Braille Press
- Printable 3-D models of Hubble Space Telescope and James Webb Space Telescope
This amazing iBook was created by Ada Lopez, Ed Summers, and Elena Sabbi. Content is mapped to state standards.