This lesson is part of a unit on the Civil War.
- Students will verbally tell what the Underground Railroad was and how it was used
- Students will identify how the Underground Railroad was not always secretive and passive
- Students will analyze primary sources
The activity will also help students:
- Identify and use primary sources
- Define 'slave'
- Describe basic information about Civil War
This lesson was adapted from a submission by Demi Thomas, Teaneck Community Charter School; Teaneck, NJ