The following description is from the APH Website
A “must have” item to make everyday living easier! Use the built-in eyelet at the top to hang the thermometer within easy reach.
Note: Not available with Quota funds.
Easy to Use
- Simply press the on/talk button on the front and within one second the thermometer is ready
- Apply probe to medium to be measured
- Wait a few seconds to allow probe tip to reach full temperature
- Press the same on/talk button to hear the temperature
- Always clean probe after each use
- Slide probe into convenient protector provided to store for next use
- Speaks the temperature at a touch of a button
- Easy-to-read LCD Display
- Accurate temperature reading within seconds
- Select Fahrenheit or Celsius with a touch of a button
- Contoured design fits comfortably in your hand
- Automatically turns off after 10 minutes to maximize battery life
- Hinged battery door, permanently connected
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (included)
- Large 3/8-inch digits
Measures 9.25 inches long x 2 inches wide.
Downloadable Manual : The Talking Cooking Thermometer manual is available free-of-charge as a text file on the downloadable manuals page. The manual is not sold separately.
Note: This thermometer is not for medical use.
- A major advantage for science instruction of this talking digital thermometer over some other talking thermometers is that it measures in either standard units (Fahrenheit) or in metric units (Celsius)
- The price of this unit is very economical.
- This thermometer is not as sturdy as some designed for use in the lab, such as the LabQuest Vernier thermometer probe.