Through an engaging guesssing game, students have the opportunity to more thoroughly process the structure of the cell and the function of the organelles.
- Cell Membrane - A thin layer that surrounds and holds a cell together.
- Cytoplasm - a gel-like substance containing chemicals needed by the cell
- Nucleus - Information and control center of the cell.
- DNA - The chemical inside cells that stores information about an organism.
- Ribosome - A protein builder of the cell.
- Mitochondrion - an organelle that uses oxygen to break down food and release energy in chemical bonds (plural is mitochondria).
- Vacuole - Stores substances such as food, water and waste products.
- Endoplasmic reticulum - A system of tubes that process and transport proteins within the cell.
- Golgi Body - Packages and distributes proteins outside the cell.
- Cell Wall - The outer part of a plant cell that provides structure to the cell.
- Chloroplast - Captures the light energy from the sun to make food.
- Lysosome- Breaks down substances.