Just Press Record is a mobile audio recorder bringing one tap recording, transcription and iCloud syncing to all devices. This app is fully compatible with VoiceOver and is easy to navigate and use. Use the Magic Tap (two-finger double tap) to start/stop a recording.
For students who struggle taking notes in class or who want to hear the lecture again, Just Press Record is a great tool to record lectures.
Use this app to record classroom lectures. Check out these features!
- Unlimited recording time
- Ability to move forwards and backwards during playback and you can adjust the playback speed
Transcription: app can automatically transcribe audio to text
- text can be searched for key words
- NOTE: punctuation is not included in transcribed text unless you record with punctuation commands (same as dictation, where you say the punctuation word such as "period")
- Store in iCloud Drive or on local device
- Syncs across all devices (record on your phone and view on your iPad)
- Individual recordings are automatically given a time stamp title; you have the option to rename the recording
Orientation and Mobility
Just Press Record can also be used an Orientation and Mobility (O&M) tool to record key information along a route or to record the full route.
Just Press Record is compatible with the Apple Watch, making it easy to record O&M information on-the-fly!
When recording a classroom lecture, be sure to ask permission prior to recording.
Be cautious about recording conversations! Always let people know if you are recording and record only appropriate conversations. Carefully consider how and when these recordings may be used. Unless it is a specific class project, recording conversations is typically not allowed at school.
Just Press Record is currently $4.99 in the App Store.