The highly anticipated iPhone X is now available. What makes this phone unique? First, let's take a look at the physical design. The iPhone X screen encompasses the entire screen creating a sleeker design. Watch Apple's Design Video below.
iPhone X New Gestures
- Unlock phone: Face ID
- Go back to the Home screen: Swipe up from bottom of the screen
Activate Control Center: Swipe down from the top, right side of the screen
- Press firmly to activate 3D Touch to activate controls
- Dismiss Control Center: Swipe up
Activate the Notification Center: Swipe down from the top side of the screen
- Widgets: Swipe right
- Access camera: Swipe left
- App switcher: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and then pause. Swipe left or right to move between open apps OR swipe up then move thumb in an arc to the right
- Siri: Long press the Side button (sleep or wake button) OR "Hey Siri"
- Apple Pay: Double-tap the Side button and then use Face ID
- Screenshot: Press the Side button and the Volume Up button simultaneously
- Temporarily disable Face ID: Press and hold the Side button and Volume button until you feel the haptic vibration. Use your password to unlock the phone.
- Turn off phone: Hold the Side button and either Volume button, then Swipe right
- Forced Shutdown: Press and release the Volume Up button, then press and release the Volume Down button, then press and hold the Side button (Note: Only do a forced shutdown if the phone is frozen!)
Note: Pressing the Side button and the Volume Up button simultaneously will do three actions, depending on how long your hold these buttons!
Other iPhone X New Features
- Animoji (Choice of 12 animated characters with your expressions)
- Portrait Mode (both front and back cameras)
Watch Apple's iPhone X Guided Tour video below.