Seedlings Braille Books for Children is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing the opportunity for literacy by providing high quality, fee and low cost braille books for children. Braille books are provided at each level of development, from toddler board books to classic literature for older children. In 2018, Seedlings produced over 34,000 braille books and articles (half of which were given away for free) with a grand total of 545,500 books since 1984.
Seedlings offers three free books per year for students ages 0 - 21 who are visually impaired living in the US or Canada. Currently, Seedlings has a special offer of 4 free braille books to TVIs!
To celebrate our 35th anniversary in 2019, Seedlings Braille Books for Children is offering all certified U.S. teachers of the visually impaired 4 one-volume books of their choosing for FREE this year!
- Teachers Order online and use the code TVIP19 as your Purchase Order number so you won't be asked to pay.
- In the Check Out Information, include your school name & address. You may enter a different address in the 'Send to' information if you wish.
- Understand that by ordering these free books, you are agreeing to be on our email list for our quarterly newsletters & other updates.
- Please be patient. We will produce & pack free book orders when we are not busy with paid orders.
- Teachers are eligible to sign up for this program one time only during 2019.
- More information about free books for teachers and Seedlings' other free book programs.
Children ages 0-21 in the U.S. and Canada who are blind or visually impaired are eligible to receive three FREE braille books a year from Seedlings through our Book Angel Program. But they must be re-registered every calendar year. Sign up is easy!
- Order online for free children's books here.
- List 4 books from our online catalog and we will send 3 of them (as time and materials allow).
- If you have questions or if you would like us to mail you a printed catalog, please call Seedlings at 734-427-8552 or 800-777-8552 or email us at email@example.com These offers are good throughout 2019, but why delay? Order/Register today!
Karen S. Smith
Community Outreach Manager
Seedlings Braille Books for Children734-427-8552 x 301
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter (@SeedlingsBrlBks) and Instagram!
The video below is an interview about Seedlings on Under the Radar Michigan: