Meeting the Needs of Individuals with Intellectual Disability & Vision Loss
March 9, 2016
8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Four Points by Sheraton, Norwood, MA
Welcome Remarks: Jane Ryder, Deputy Commissioner
Department of Developmental Services
Keynote Speaker: Randy Pierce, President, 2020 Vision Quest
"Reaching Our Peak Potential"
To view the full Focus Conference brochure, Download it in Word.
DOWNLOAD and PRINT the entire Conference Registration form.
The completed form will be mailed to:
Shriver Clinical Services
Wrentham Developmental Center
PO Box 144, Wrentham, MA 02093
CONFERENCE AGENDA "AT-A-GLANCE"
|8:00 – 8:25 AM||Registration / Vendors Open / Refreshments|
|8:25 – 8:30 AM||Opening Remarks|
|8:30 – 8:45 AM||Welcome Remarks|
|8:45 – 9:45 AM||Keynote|
|9:45 – 10:00 AM||Break / Exhibits Open|
|10:00 – 11:00 AM||1st Concurrent Session|
|11:00 – 11:15 AM||Break / Exhibits Open|
|11:15 AM – 12:15 PM||2nd Concurrent Session|
|12:15 – 12:30 PM||Exhibits Open|
|12:30 – 1:30 PM||
Lunch & Award Presentations:
|1:30 – 2:00 PM||Dedicated Time for Exhibits Session|
|2:00 – 3:00 PM||3rd Concurrent Session|
|3:00 – 3:15 PM||Break / Refreshments / Exhibits Open|
|3:15 – 3:45PM||"Focus" On Talent!!! (Performance) / Raffle|
Please fill out the registration form and return BY February 26, 2016 to:
Donnamaria Linfield / Shriver Clinical Services Corporation
Wrentham Developmental Center, PO Box 144
Wrentham, MA 02093
- For questions regarding Registration, please contact Donnamaria: Donnamaria.Linfield@state.ma.us or phone 508-384-5679.
- Please make check payable to: Shriver Clinical Services Corporation
- Refunds: We regret that refunds cannot be given after February 17th 2016, unless by notification from us to you that your check (# and amount) will be returned to you. This refund protocol will also be used if conference capacity is reached at the time we receive your registration and payment.
Continuing Education Information – Please indicate your choice of CEU's on the registration form.
Application for 4 hours of Continuing Education has been submitted to:
- Academy for Certification of Vision Rehab. & Education Prof. (ACVREP)
- Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRC)
- An application has been made for 4 CECs for Social Workers.
- An application has been made to MA Board of Registration in Nursing for nursing continuing education. Questions: EKing@state.ma.us
- NECO/NEEI has applied for 4 hours of MA CE approved credits. Questions: Barry S. Kran, O.D.: Kranb@neco.edu
- Perkins Training Center will award 5 Professional Development Points (PDPs). Questions: Teresa.Pagliuca@Perkins.org
- Application for 4 hours of Continuing Education has been submitted to:
- Scholarships are available for individuals with intellectual disability and their families. Information: Dianne.Rodrigues@state.ma.us
- Reduced room rates of $115.00 per night, exclusive of taxes, will be available at the Four Points by Sheraton, Norwood, phone: 781-769-7900. Please mention Shriver Clinical. Rooms at this rate are held until February 10, 2016 and subject to availability.
- Registration Brochure and Form can be downloaded from "Training and Events" section of DDS Vision Loss website: www.mass.gov/dds/visionloss and from the "Perkins Training Center Calendar" on the Perkins website: www.perkinselearning.org/events.
- Questions please contact: Lisa.DiBonaventura@state.ma.us or 508-384-5539.