Children with visual impairments or multiple disabilities need special environmental supports to promote exploration of their surroundings. A foldable sensory exploration frame similar to the “Little Room” designed by Lili Nielsen can be used by teachers, therapists, and family members to help promote "active learning".
Seating is limited to 6!
Feel free to wear old comfortable clothing for building and painting adaptive equipment.
7 PDP’s, ACVREP’s, Continuing Ed. Hours
An additional 3 points will be awarded for completing an optional 3 hour follow-up project.
Registration cost includes $175 materials fee!
Workshop Fee = $125.00; Materials = $175.00 (total = $300.00)
PDPs, CEs, ACVREP,
Each workshop participant will:
- Glue artists stretcher frames together to create the walls for either a large (30"X30"X24") exploration frame or a small (24"X24"X18") one.
- Drill holes through top and side panels as desired for hanging sensory materials.
- Use hinges, screws, and hooks to assemble the frame.
- Identify at least 10 common items made from wood, metal, cloth, and plastic to hang from the exploration space. (Elastic cord and cord locks will be provided, but the sensory items will not be included.)
- Review principles of "Active Learning" so as to most effectively use the exploration environment.
Other Payment Option
To pay by Purchase Order or Check, or sign up with a group of 3 or more, contact Perkins Training Center at PerkinsTrainingCenter@perkins.org or 617.972.7712
Payment must be received and confirmed in order to secure your participation.
Cancellations within 2 weeks of workshop will receive 50% fee refund.
Cancellations within 48 hours of workshop will not be given a refund.
Questions, please contact: Teresa Pagliuca
Hours: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM