Fall session runs from September 30, 2019 to November 3, 2019 for 5 weeks. No live meeting date for this course!
This course will provide an overview and additional practice in reliably scoring the CVI Range. The CVI Range is a functional vision assessment for children with cortical visual impairment (CVI) that determines the degree of effect of the visual and behavioral characteristics associated with CVI.
Course participants will be provided with information about assessment materials and procedures, and will be provided with multiple opportunities to score the CVI Range. Participants will learn how to reliably score both sections of The CVI Range, i.e., Across-CVI Characteristics Assessment Method and Within-CVI Characteristics Assessment Method.
Instruction will be focused on assessment for children in all three Phases of CVI.
Roman Lantzy, C. A. (2018). 2nd Edition. Cortical Visual Impairment: An Approach to Assessment and Intervention. New York: American Foundation for the Blind.
To order this book, please contact Sarah Bush – American Printing House for the Blind at (502)-899-2306, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PDPs, CEs, ACVREP, CTLEs
You will have the opportunity to add 3 graduate credits to your registration for an additional $295.00 through Fitchburg State University (Fitchburg, MA). Instructions will be provided to registered participants in August 2019.
You will become more cognizant of:
- CVI characteristics, and the progression towards resolution for each characteristic, including fully present, fully resolved, and 0.25, 0.5, and 0.75 scores on Within-CVI Characteristics Assessment Method section of the CVI Range.
- The meaning of R, +/-, +, and – scoring of the Across-CVI Characteristics Method section of the CVI Range.
You will become better able to:
- Reliably score the the Within-CVI Characteristics Method section of the CVI Range.
- Reliably score the Across-CVI Characteristics Method section of the CVI Range.
- Reliably score the CVI Range for a Phase I, Phase II, and Phase III student.
You will become more competent in your ability to:
- Provide an appropriate functional vision assessment for children with CVI.
- Provide a reliable score on the CVI Range.
Other Payment Option
To pay by Purchase Order, choose the Purchase Order option during checkout.
Dr. Sandra Newcomb has been paid by Perkins to be the instructor for this class.
She has no nonfinancial relationships to disclose.
This workshop is offered for 3.5 ASHA CEUs (Introductory Level, Related area).
|Perkins School for the Blind is approved by the Continuing Education board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) to provide continuing education activities in speech-language pathology and audiology. See the course information for number of ASHA CEUs, instructional level, and content area. ASHA CE Provider approval does not imply endorsement of course content, specific products, or clinical procedures.|
This workshop is offered for 3.5 AOTA CEUs.
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.