This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the Creating Assistive Technology Solutions In Minutes For Students Who Experience Blindness, Low Vision, And/ Or Multiple Disabilities blended workshop. This blended workshop provides participants with the opportunity to create a range of low-tech/no-tech assistive devices for students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will demonstrate achievement of the learning outcomes outline below.
- Demonstrate fabrication skills in creating a portable scan and read station for students with print disabilities.
- Demonstrate fabrication skills in using Loc-line, industrial, Velcro, PVC Sintra board, Uglu, and fabricate a vertical hands-free iPad stand for students who experience, vision impairments.
- Demonstrate fabrication skills in creating a portable.maker for QR codes that can be attached to instructional materials to provide access to print and video clips.
- Demonstrate their fabrication skills in creating tactile graphic overlays for an iPad.
- Demonstrate their fabrication skills in creating a portable collapsible adjustable book holder.
- Identify and discuss at least 10 different assistive technology solutions that can be created with: Lok-Lift rug gripper tape, corner guard, Loc-Line, Remo one and remo 2 tape, corrugated plastic, hook and loop material, glue, PVC pipe and more.
- Demonstrate their fabrication skills in creating a horizontal hands-free multi-use iPad holder.
- Demonstrate their fabrication skills in creating a multi-use spring clip for holding and carrying various devices.
- Demonstrate their knowledge and skills in working with corrugated plastic.