This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the online class: Creating Assistive Technology Solutions in Minutes – Part Two. Participants use everyday tools and materials to create low tech assistive technology solutions for students with vision loss and multiple disabilities.
In order to earn this micro-credential participants will need to demonstrate the ability to design, create, and document a variety of AT solutions for students with vision loss and multiple disabilities.
- Identify how ordinary, everyday tools and materials can be used to create assistive technology solutions for students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities.
- Use a problem-solving process to develop a design to meet a student’s specific needs.
- Describe the importance of trial and error in problem solving.
- Identify the best tools and materials to be used for a specific design.
- Create AT solutions to meet a student’s specific needs.
- Describe how tapes, adhesives, putty instamorph, corrugated plastic, corner guard, sintra board, loc line, PVC, and industrial twist ties can be used when creating AT solutions.