This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed and passed the Hi-Tech O&M blended workshop. This workshop class provides participants with the opportunity to use technology to enable independent travel in a variety of specific real-world contexts.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will need to identify technologies for O&M including apps, use of VoiceOver, etc. and describe and implement generalization strategies.
- Describe technologies that develop curiosity, knowledge and mental maps about the community and/or surroundings and pre-view new environments.
- Identify a core suite of apps that are commonly used for O&M purposes.
- Demonstrate basic VoiceOver screen reader gestures with an iPhone.
- Identify apps for indoor and outdoor navigation.
- Describe and implement generalization strategies.