This micro-credential is awarded to individuals who have successfully completed Assessment of Students Who Have Visual Impairments and Multiple Disabilities self-paced tutorial.
In order to earn this micro-credential, participants will:
- Identify the procedures used in the assessment process to gather individual student or program information.
- Identify the purpose of assessment.
- Identify strategies for assessing a student.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and skill in performing an activity analysis, routine task analysis, preference analysis, and learning styles analysis.
- Identify a variety of informal and alternative assessments provided to students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities and articulate their function.
- Identify the purpose of performing a Functional Vision assessment and learning media Assessment for students with visual impairments and multiple disabilities.
- Develop strategies for interpreting assessment results to assist with quality instruction.
- Identify the elements of a quality assessment report.
- Identify strengths and prioritize areas of need in an assessment report.
- Identify instruction and support to address areas of need.