This lesson is a review of the three branches of government in preparation for a test on Checks and Balances.
- Identify the powers delegated to the three brances of government
- Illustrate how the sustem of checks and balances works
- Determine how the checks and balances system is reflected in the current democratic system
This lesson also helps students develop their:
- Ability to describe the three branches of US government
- Ability to complete a flow chart
This lesson is adapted from a submission by Demi Thomas, Teaneck Community Charter School, NJ