The following information is from the APH Website:
Create instant tactile drawings easily!
Versatile tactile drawing board that is used in combination with special film and a stylus to create instant raised-line drawings. DRAFTSMAN drawing board is intended for a wide audience, such as visually impaired students, teachers, parents, and adults.
Producing simple raised-line graphics
Demonstrating math concepts and tasks
Demonstrating science concepts
Practicing handwriting skills
Playing games (e.g., tic-tac-toe)
Facilitating tracing activities
Creating art drawings
This board has a plastic frame that encases a double-layered rubber surface. Clamp a sheet of included drawing film onto the board and use the included stylus or a ballpoint pen to quickly draw a raised image.
- DRAFTSMAN Tactile Drawing Board
- Two-ended tactile drawing stylus
- Tactile inch-ruler
- 25 sheets of drawing film (also available separately)
- Braille/print instruction book
- Carrying case
- The Draftsman is a great product for producing a quick raised line when needed for class. I recommend keeping one handy for use in science class.
- I have an earlier version of the draftsman and have not used the draftsman with the ballpoint pen though this is probably a valuable feature.
- Please see the following link from Fred's Head Blog from APH http://www.fredshead.info/2008/04/draftsman-tactile-drawing-board-instan...
- The APH Draftsman and drawing film are available on Quota Funds
- The drafsman does not have the ability to erase.
- The stylus tend to fall out
- There are not rubber pads mounted under the Draftsman(as on the InTACT Sketchpad) and a rubber mat is helpful so that the Draftman stays in one place.
This product is available using Quota Funds.
DRAFTSMAN Tactile Drawing Board
Catalog Number: 1-08857-00
Replacement Drawing Film:
The replacement tactile drawing film is available from APH at a cost of 25 sheets for $7.00
Catalog Number: 1-08858-00